Our program is designed around the needs of our medical students and foreign medical graduates. As such, our program is constantly developing to fit the needs of our international medical doctors and foreign medical students.
We offer programs with the goal of obtaining an ACGME residency. Our clinical observership, clinical clerkships (clinical elective rotations), and clinical externship programs have your residency in mind.
We offer placement in clinical and hospital settings, giving you plenty of opportunity to improve skills in medical history taking, performing a physical exam, evidence based medical diagnosis, interpretation of laboratory values, presentation of medical topics, and medical procedures.
Our program is unique in that you will have the option to expose yourself to the community in community health initiatives, allowing you to network with various medical professionals AND help build your English language confidence.
We add clinical sites on a regular basis based on the requests we receive. If you are interested in a specialty that isn’t listed, please contact us.
|Core Rotations||Elective Rotations*|
|Family Medicine||6 Weeks||Gastroenterology||4 week min.|
|Psychiatry||6 Weeks||Emergency Medicine||4 week min.|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||6 Weeks||Neurology||4 week min.|
|Pediatrics||6 Weeks||Dermatology||4 week min.|
|Internal Medicine||12 Weeks||Endocrinology||4 week min.|
|Surgery||12 Weeks||Cardiology||4 week min.|
|Urology||4 week min.|
* Elective Rotations are a minimum of 4 weeks.
What to expect?
We are a full service firm. We want you to focus on medicine, while we take care of everything else. We offer programs that include a fixed price for housing with other students in our program.
- If you’ve made arrangements with us, we will pick you up from the airport and get you settled into our provided housing.
- You will be given a welcome packet with any and all important information and contact numbers along with additional serves we provide.
- Depending on when you arrive – your orientation may begin on this day or on day 2.
- Orientation (unless it was completed on day 1).
- Part 1 of the orientation consists of showing you were your clinical site is located, where to buy groceries, where to get a cell phone number, introduction to any available program members, and our staff.
- Part 2 of the orientation will be filling out any necessary forms, review of what is expected, and to answer any questions you may have.
Your Start Date:
- You begin your clinical site. At the end of your first day we will follow up with you to answer any questions you may have.
Your Final Day:
- We will conduct the exit orientation.
- This may include feedback from your preceptor(s) for you, any feedback from you to us about your experience with the program, and answer any questions you may have.
- Within 3 days of your final day, we will provide transportation back to the airport.
We take feedback seriously. If you have questions about your clinical sites or your preceptor, please let us know. We want to make sure your experience is beneficial to you. While you are here, you will have access to us at any time. Your goal is to learn and gain experience, ours is to provide the atmosphere and setting for you to do so.